Monday, September 12, 2011

My Birthday!

Hey, everyone! Thanks for hanging around and not leaving me during all the transitions that have been going on in my life. The stress has sort of continued to pile up with different things from running all over the city on a daily basis to a very close friend of mine who also lives here getting ringworm from her roommates cat (which I have also recently played with, so I'm a little worried too). Not to mention that the tenant before me in my apartment was a total slob. I've only just yesterday cleaned out the oven so that I can make dinner in it. And don't even get me started with the fire alarm malfunction that woke me up Sunday morning at 7:15am. That's a little early to be worried about evacuation and dealing with two firetrucks showing up only to learn that only one fire alarm was going off. Annoyingly, the one right outside my door. There are so many other things going wrong or stressing me out at this time that I can hardly think straight at moments.

I'd like to thank all of you who commented, emailed, tweeted, Facebook-ed, etc., to wish me well and support me during the move. I'll be getting back to posting soon, but expect posts to be irregular as I am still settling in to a routine here. A routine that I'm sure will be messed up once more when I finally land a job. So once again I must ask that you all bare with me on this as I work through my own problems.

I wanted to post today because, as some of you know already, today is my birthday. That's right, Ace has turned twenty-two. Man, it constantly strikes me how young I am. I'm shocked some times. And I'm not the only one. As I stood out in Boston Common at midnight this morning, enjoying the first moments of my twenty-second year, my sadly ringworm-infested friend turned to me and said, "God, I forget that you're so young." She's not really much older than me, but I think what she really meant was to say I act way more mature than most people my age. I can't say I do it on purpose, but I am proud of that praise when I get it.

And I have to send a special thanks to everyone who sent me gifts for my birthday. I have a few more pictures to post in a while of the other gifts I have received. I have loved every one of them. You guys rock and get golden star stickers!

And finally I want to end this post with my birthday wish. I know some people believe that if you tell your wish, it won't come true. But I am a firm believer in the theory that sending out positive energy will bring back positive results. So here is my birthday wish:
I wish that, this day next year, I will be healthy, happy, enjoying school, working at a job I enjoy, finishing moving to a nicer apartment, surrounded by my friends old and new, and content with that path my life is set on. Because, while life's road can be filled with obstacles, you are still living, and that is all anyone can ask for.

Thanks for sharing my life with me. I appreciate all my readers and fans very much.

-Ace

7 comments:

  1. Jason,

    Thanks, man! I had a pretty good one, too.

    -Ace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Ace! I hope it was a good 22nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May all your wishes come true. I love you. rjd

    ReplyDelete
  4. May every birthday get better and better, and may you enjoy many MANY more of them. I hope this year's celebration continues for weeks to come!

    --Jonking

    ReplyDelete
  5. boy hopes Your wish will come to fruition. boy holes that next year will be even better than You could have imagined. boy sends You positive thoughts on this day & everyday for ever more. Perhaps next year for Your birthday there will be a boy there to take care of all of Your wants, needs & desires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Ace! Just catching up on my blog reading. Work has been keeping me busy with work instead of allowing me to enjoy reading blogs and posting my activities. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete