Monday, October 24, 2011

Ace Candy: Belated Birthday Edition

So this is coming a little over a month late, and that is entirely my fault. These are pictures I took of three gifts I got from my reader and dear friend, johnnyboy, that came wrapped up for my birthday. I opened them on time, but these pictures never got posted. Apparently I swiftly hid these pictures from myself and only recently found them. Sneaky man that I am, I can hide things very well, even from myself. It became a creative endeavor to find new positions and body parts to pose with these books. Let me tell you, it is no easy feat to balance three books on your chest while taking a picture.

These books were all purchased from my Amazon wishlist, and, as I have promised, any gift I receive from my readers will be displayed here on the blog. Of course, if I maintain my habit of hiding the pictures, it will not be as soon as possible. I'm being a bit silly, but I really do need to apologize to johnny for not posting the pictures sooner. And to you all as well, for depriving you of the satisfaction.

I wonder what's inside!




I also found  a few more pictures of me that I can post later on. I am a little surprised at finding so many, and a little worried that I may have missed other gifts that have been sent. If you sent me a gift and I didn't post a picture of myself either wearing or holding it, I am sorry. I'm going to sift the folder I found these ones in to try and find more. I also have a few more books that have been sent my way which I should snap some photos of.

If you would like to buy me a gift at any time, my wishlist is always up, and I am always grateful for the presents. And the more you send, the more creative I will have to get with the pictures. Thanks so much to the readers who have already sent me gifts. You are all wonderful. 

8 comments:

  1. Reading suits you :)

    Also I want a book review when you finished reading Pulp Friction. That title is promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Countesszero,

    I agree, it definitely does. I plan to review all the books I get at some point.

    -Ace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I see....it's just NEW books you get that get this treatment. Fine. Fine. I'm not hurt at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. Poor FP, I am sure you must realize that when i said I have a few more books, I meant the ones you sent.

    -Ace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I'm mollified. Now, just scratch behind my ear a little more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. FP,

    You get all the ear scratches I can give, my friend. As well as a few other things that I would like to give you. Wink, wink.

    -Ace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Secret Historian is a great read about a particularly fascinating and absolutely brilliant man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will,

    I am very excited to read it. I know a bit about the history and have read some of his work, but I am very interested in hearing about the man himself. I actually studied him a bit in college, which is very cool.

    -Ace

    ReplyDelete