Sunday, January 15, 2012

Formspring and Where Has Ace Been?

I do realize that I had promised to be back to regular posting this past week, and then I posted twice and disappeared. To gloss over why this happened, we can have a fun little tete-a-tete about how my week ended. It is one of those fun city stories, and I don't have many of those yet, so I'm going to tell it, even if there is no sex involved.

Thursday night I plopped down on my couch after dinner to watch a little TV before bed like I always do. That was around 10pm. Before the episode I was watching finished, I was passed out, and I didn't wake up until hours later, managed to drag myself into my bed, and then I woke up later than normal the next morning. Hence, no blog post on Friday. While out with a friend on Thursday, I had been invited to a party after I got off of work Friday night at a nice gay couple's apartment in one of the outer areas of the city. So after work, I grabbed the subway out, and dug in to a fun night of drinking and flirting with this group of people I had just met. It was a ton of fun, and I really enjoyed myself. A little too much, perhaps, because I ended up staying much past when public transportation in Boston shuts down, and I did not have the money for a cab that would need to go past tolls and clear to the other side of the city just to get me home. The hosts of the party were very kind and let me and another guest who had stayed too long crash at their apartment, and we slept off our drunken antics until late yesterday morning. When we finally were up, my fellow couch guest and I rode back into the city in the clothes we had been wearing for over twenty-four hours to do some shopping. She had work and I had to be at the airport in time to pick up my sexy leather boy, so neither of us had time to go to our apartments. Long story short (too late, I know) my boy's flight was delayed and I ended up spending a long time shopping and even went to see an IMAX 3D presentation on sharks at the aquarium before heading to the airport to pick him up. He was kind enough to pay for a cab ride to my apartment, almost thirty hours after I had left it the day before.

Would it be pushing the point too hard to mention that I have been busy? I know: city boy problems. I'll get over it.

Now that the excuses have been made, we can progress to the portion of the week where I open myself up to your scrutiny. As always, you can ask me anything on my Formspring page or by sending me an email. I love answering questions, so if there's anything you're dying to ask, ask away!


Is there a car you'd really like to own? Would it be manual or automatic, and why?

This might sound strange, but I really like the RAV4. I got to drive one once and it handles really well and has plenty of room for my long legs without cramping anyone who might be sitting behind me. Also great trunk space. I also really want a cherry red Mustang convertible, but not a newer model. I generally drive automatic, but I would put up with manual if I needed to. I just prefer automatic for highway driving and back in Ohio that was pretty much all I did.

Do you have any hobbies? Are there any hobbies you're interested in but haven't had the chance to try yet?

Is eating a hobby? I used to build models when I was younger, both naval replicas as well as for Warhammer games. I stopped because it got a bit more expensive and I had a lot less time. Every so often I pick up dancing as a hobby. I've taken classes in latin dance, bellydancing, and one bollywood dance class. You could probably say my obsure TV and movie watching is a bit of a hobby too.

Do you think the country will be better off economically in a year, worse off, or about the same?

I'm not an economist, so I really don't know much about this, but I think better off. Obama will likely do everything he can to end this four year term well, regardless of whether or not he gets reelected. Also, I think that a lot of lower level politicians are starting to get the idea that people are upset and some states are doing their best to help on a smaller level.

What is your opinion about the case involving the former Penn State University defensive coach being charged with molesting boys?

I don't know a lot about it, but based on the fact that he was reported by an eyewitness sodomizing a ten year old boy in the team showers in 2002 and nothing was done, I think more heads than just his should be rolling.

Despite my own past having sex with men much older than me, I in no way advocate for sexual crimes, especially those against the underaged. Besides, there is no way you can tell me that a ten year old knew what he was doing and understood the rammifications of that situation. I have listened to too many men justify underaged sex (thanks to my criminal sociology classes) and I really don't approve. So that's my two cents.

Stuffing or potatoes?

Definitely prefer potatoes over stuffing.

Are you getting enough sleep?

It comes and goes, but there's a good chance that I'm not. I'm working on fixing that, but it is difficult with school and everything to really get into a set pattern for sleep. I envy people out in the working world who at least know when to sleep and when to get up each day. For me, it is a day-by-day thing. (To add to this: at this point in my life, it is hard to expect me to get regular sleep every night as my work and school schedules fluctuate, as does my regular life. Pretty normal for someone my age, though.)

Mayonaise or Miracle Whip?

I was always a Miracle Whip fan, but now I can't have either in abundance because of my lactose intollerance. Which is fine because I kind of had stopped eating mayo on my food anyway. I only ever had it with tuna fish sandwiches in the first place.

How (if at all) do you think electronic media (Internet, cell phone, ebook, i-pad, ETC) have affected traditional literary forms?

I think that the fact that you can get most older books (like Jane Austen, Sir Arthur Conan Doyal, and Jules Verne) for free on most (if not all) electronic forms has likely opened them up to a whole group of people who would never have read them if they were made to pay to buy and carry around a book. I think also it has allowed some people to write shorter texts, self publish or publish online, and then release only electronically, thus flooding the market with inexpensive and quick reads, meaning that people will have to search harder for the gems in the inevitable coal pile that is literature.

However, I also think that there will always be those of us who love books and love owning and having and smelling books who won't give it up. I don't have any e-readers, though I do have the Kindle app on my phone. But I use it only for books that I want to be able to pick up and put down whenever. In fact, most of the books I have on there are favorites I know very well. So I think I don't use the program the same way as everyone else.


That's all the questions for this week! Thanks to everyone for sending them, and thanks to you all for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to be pedantic, but neither mayonnaise nor Miracle Whip have any dairy ingredients whatsoever. Now go make yourself a sandwich. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Miracle Whip too! Looking forward to hearing about the your Sexy Leather Boy!

    ReplyDelete