Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I'd be the one in just his undies.

Not going to do my usual Sunday post because I have family over and have to get ready to do the usual family Easter thing. At least, I think it is usual. I've spent the last four Easters alone on campus at college (or off having amazing three-way sex--a story for a different post), so I'm not really sure what is normal. I don't come from a traditionally religious family, so I've never done the church thing. And I'm not a Christian, so I'm not planning to start. In fact, I was at least in 6th or 7th grade when I learned that Easter had any religious symbolism at all. I thought it was just a time for candy and whatnot. Now, of course, I'm aware of the many different religions that celebrate on or near this time. For those of you who do have religious reasons to celebrate, please have a great, spiritual day.

I, personally, am going to struggle to get through the boring family crap. Will it work? Who knows. All I know is that I already kind of miss the years I was alone. At least then it was kind of a break. But for those of you who will be enjoying time with your family, please have a great day.

And for those of you who are spending the day alone, I hope you have a good one too. Eat some chocolate, watch some TV, or get outside if the weather is good. Spring is a time to enjoy yourself, so let's all make an effort to have some fun today!

Happy Easter, dear readers!

-Ace

5 comments:

  1. Happy Easter or, perhaps, Happy Spring from the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Man, do I miss the Midwest Spring. Really, really beautiful time of year out there. I hope you're enjoying it. :-)

      -Ace

      Delete
  2. Once you are not a kid or there are no small kids around, Easter has no meaning. It's just another day that you are forced to do what other people in your family decide you should be doing. So I will be going out to eat with family on my day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the family thing and don't get to go home until tomorrow night. I had sort of forgotten how much I enjoyed just being alone on Easter until I suddenly wasn't. Oh well. Hope you had a good one.

      -Ace

      Delete