Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Nipple Ring

I know I usually do a Formspring post on Sunday mornings, but I'm going to be skipping it again to talk about something else going on in my life instead. First, though, I want to say that posting might be a bit sporadic again as this next week I have a lot of extra hours at work (another coworker going on vacation that I'm covering) and then the week after is finals week for me. Needless to say, things are going to be a bit busy and frantic at the Ace residence, and I might be going a bit crazy too, but I'm hoping that when all is said and done I can take some well deserved and much needed time off to relax and get back to sleeping regularly again. We can hope, at least.

The second thing I want to talk about is a little depressing for me (and some of you may already know about it). Unfortunately the nipple ring I have in my left nipple has migrated. Well, not just migrated, but it has almost totally rejected from my body. Currently it looks like it is hanging on by just a tiny bit of dead skin at the bottom of my nipple. I know that sounds gross and a bit painful, but it was actually so painless that I didn't even know it was happening. I sort of knew it was moving for a bit, but I didn't expect it to move so far, and I certainly didn't feel it happening. I'm sure it was a rather long process, but it does feel like it is a bit sudden to be so close to falling out.

I've been talking about it with one of my readers who works at a tattoo and piercing shop, and he's been making me feel a lot less panicky about the whole situation. At first I wasn't sure if there was going to be any permanent damage (you can hear so many horror stories just be googling "piercing migration" or "piercing rejection" and I got a little freaked out). Fortunately it is coming out underneath, so there shouldn't be any real problems. In any case, it is irreversible and there's not really any way to stop it. Not when it is this far along at least.

I am a little depressed about this, of course, because I've had both my nipples pierced for about two and a half years now, and suddenly one of them is falling out and will need to be replaced at some point. Which means at some point I'll be going through that same pain (mixed with pleasure again, I'm sure) and that same long healing process. And just get to hope that it doesn't reject again. I don't know. I'm thinking about piercing a different spot on my body instead. A place I've thought about piercing for a while now, but haven't had a chance to.

Of course, I also have my next two tattoos picked out...I guess I have a lot of body modifying to do in the future...

Anyway, enough of my gross body issues. I'm going back to studying and working on homework. I'll leave you all to have a fun Sunday and hopefully a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Thankfully you didn't include a nipple photo...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace, Sorry about that migrating piercing. That is the first I have heard of it. I have had a nipple piercing for 2 years, just fine, and a navel piercing for 3 months, almost healed. Does the gauge or weight of the piercing have anything to do with it, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ace,

    Sorry to hear. I have been debating on whether to get my nipples pierced or not. Of course after reading your post I am going to do some research before doing it.

    Hope it heals for you quickly. Good luck with your next two weeks.

    VRPB

    ReplyDelete